Thursday, February 6, 2014

Styling In ROME

Peace&Love,

So people always ask me what my favorite spring color is and it has been WHITE for the longest, So one of my fav buys is my Zara light white coat. This time last year my best friend and I went to ROME, one of the most GORGEOUS places ever and the weather really worked in our favor, it was coming into spring and we had to travel real light due to the plane blah blah blah.

So one day we decide to really welcome spring in our attire and I have the task of styling and putting together a modest outfit for my friend. Also when styling someone you have to take in account their BODY and likes and dislikes

Here are my steps...

1) Find the statement piece and style around it, this would be the hijab in this case. I took the colors and the elements of one of my fav hijabs and started to place the outfit together.

2) Lace is my fav thing in the world, so we played with color here and made the base of the outfit a darker shade of ivory, close to cream but still a little darker, this was her top.

3) Because the hijab had elements of black, she wore a black bag and black pants. but her accessories complemented the base and the white.

4) I then paired it with my spring coat, to give the outfit the freshness, we were looking for. I went with light makeup, a bronze blusher, a little mascara, no eyeliner and RED lips always works with white for me. Makeup was light because the outfit was bold. Must always be a balance. Picture of the final product is below.



No comments:

Post a Comment