Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Know and wear for your BODY

Peace and Love Ladies,



Today is a day for knowledge, that even I had to learn and experience for my fashion progress over the years and till this day.

So one of my biggest issues when people ask me to style them is their lack of knowledge in regards to their BODY. You must understand that what works on someone else, may not work for you, that usually doesn't mean you cant wear certain things, its all in HOW you wear it.

Now I've had this discussion with many ladies when we go shopping, some of us have wider hips or broader shoulders and there is a way to flatter your body instead of really stomping on its beauty. Many times I've helped my friends with their weddings or graduation outfits and I ALWAYS begin with getting familiar with their body. So before you put your FASHION inspirations to life. Know and WEAR for your body.

Here are 3 basic tips..

1. If your a petite girl, stick to solid colors and avoid prints, especially on your lower body. If you are a print lover, I would suggest wearing a printed shirt as your statement area and then on your lower half (Legs) wearing a solid or try a printed pencil skirt but focus on the print itself, it could be that bigger prints work better for you.

FYI sometimes less is MORE, you can MAKE your statement through statement necklaces and earrings, both are very in right now or you can easily get a printed hang bag or clutch, last but not least SHOES, there are many ways to still wear what you love without taking away from your body.



2.  If you have a boyish figure, do not feel bad about it, I have ONLY just accepted my broad shoulders & slim arms. There is a secret into adding womanly flare to your body, because they DO EXIST but we are all built differently and that will always be the most beautiful thing. Anyways back to the secret, Buy things that give your body some shape, such as peplum blazers/tops. Also play with fabric such as velvet, wool etc and enjoy color blocking. Beaded/printed dresses are very current.



 3. Curvy bliss, if you are a full figured woman then here are some tips for your flawless fashion days ahead. So smaller prints work better because bigger prints will add weight you don't have, I also think tailored suits look a lot better because they give your look more structure an example would be a trench coat. I will say solid colors work amazing on curvy woman, like a deep red and some nude shoes with a printed bag is like chocolate cake for me, scrumptious. Color Blocking works too because it breaks up the outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment